WELCOME TO MY WEBSITE!
On my website you will find information about my various publications, occasional writing projects and some of my video and audio recordings.
My most recent project is the launch of my biography of the jazz musician and poet Shake Keane (See reviews of the book in REVIEWS section). Shake was the consummate jazz sideman who mastered many musical genres. He was also an accomplished poet, teacher and raconteur. He lived the life of an itinerant whose locations included St Vincent, London, Cologne, New York and Oslo. My biography explores the many features of this contrary, affable, larger than life Caribbean icon. The book was published by Papillote Press January 2021.
Other recent activities include:
- Judge for Bocas Lit Fest creative non-fiction prize, 2022/23
- Reading at Grace Nichols’ Queen’s Award for Poetry celebration, Lewes, Sussex, England, August 2022
- Contributions to the Vortex Jazz Club’s Windrush Day celebrations. To mark Windrush Day 22nd June 2021 the Vortex Jazz Club’s Kathianne Hingwan produced and edited Man of Words and Music: Shake Keane (See Audios and Videos)
- Writing various pieces for the website Writers Mosaic.
- A video contribution to World Storytelling Cafe, Poetry Section (first published April 2020)